Saturday, May 23, 2009

day 9

Some years ago a young man looking for work approached a foreman of a logging crew and asked him for a job. “It depends,” replied the foreman. “Let’s see you take this one down.” The young man stepped forward and skillfully felled a great tree. The foreman was impressed and exclaimed, “You can start on Monday!” Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday rolled by. Thursday afternoon the foreman approached the young man and said, “ You can pick up your pay check on the way out today.” Startled, the young man asked, I thought you paid on Fridays.” “Normally we do,” answered the foreman, “but we’re letting you go today because you’ve fallen behind. Our daily charts show that you’ve dropped from the first place on Monday to last place on Wednesday.” But I ‘m a hard worker,” the young man objected. “I arrive first, leave last, and I’ve even worked through my coffee breaks!” The foreman, sensing the boy’s integrity, thought for a minute and then asked, “Have you been sharpening your axe?” The young man replied, “Well, no sir. I’ve been working too hard to take the time.”

This story is one that I believe can apply to each one of us!

• As a Christian
• A boss
• A father
• A mother
• A husband
• A wife
• A son
• An employee
• A friend

We must continue to grow and sharpen who we are or we will find that what we do becomes dull.

Ways To Sharpen Who We Are!
1. Never Stop Learning

2. Never Stop Serving

3. Never Stop Seeking

4. Never Stop Focusing On Character


“In the end of it all- it is our character and integrity that will speak louder than any word we say!”


Day 9 has been a day of focusing on staying sharp and keeping focus. I pray that the Lord will always bring things into my life to sharpen me and keep me equipped and prepared to face any situation He brings into my life.

No comments: