Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Day 19

There are some of you who read this that know Melissa and myself very well and maybe a few of you that have never met us. We have been married for almost 16 years, have two boys that are getting ready to go into Jr. High and High School and have been on a sabbatical from pastoring a church for the last year and a half or so. I am currently working at the wonderful church called, The Bridge Foursquare Church, and substitute teaching and Melissa is working at Virginia Tech and Starbucks. The Lord has used these jobs and the people in them to give us encouragement and love us during this great time of pause in our lives. It is now time for Melissa and I to hear from God and make some large decisions about life. We feel very strongly that it is possibly time for us to step back into the pulpit and are taking the next 19 days to hear from the lord and make our decisions. I am sharing this with you, because on my blog, for the next 19 days I want to write to you about what the Lord is doing and how we are walking this path of trusting in the Holy Spirit to guide us. I feel that putting this out to you as the reader creates an accountability for me to stay focused on trusting in God , will help you as you face big decisions in life, and will allow God to be glorified for what He is about to do.

You may ask, “Why is it important to have an answer in 19 days?” There are many details to our life that has pointed our decision making to the end of May—you will just have to trust me when I say it is time to make a decision and we long to hear from God. Please be praying for these 19 days and let’s all together sit back and be amazed as the Lord takes the unknown and brings clarity and hope.

This morning began by Melissa and I having our devotions. Our devotion today was titled Why Not? , and was based out of Psalm 9:10.

“Those who know your name will trust in you,
for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.”

This devotional was pretty much about trusting God and quit trying to come up with all of our plan B’s. I don’t want to settle for plan B! I want plan A! Plan A represents us being exactly where the Lord has placed in doing exactly what He has asked of us. It is funny because I was having a hard day yesterday in that I was trying to form all of my different plans. It took my wife to stop and me and remind me to trust God. I encourage you to do the same in whatever situation you are facing. God knows exactly what He is doing and today, Day 19, I feel encouraged. I can’t wait to see what Day 18 will hold for us!

No comments: