Thursday, May 28, 2009

Day 4


Today has been a good day in so many ways and at the same time difficult because we are letting time tick by and still we wait. We don’t even get to wait in silence. We wait in the gloomy rain! A lot of our everyday lives will begin to shift very soon and we will start packing, giving our notices at work and preparing our hearts and mind for the unknown. Melissa and I keep referring to the scriptures that speak of Abraham and Sarah and their journeys. In Abraham’s journey they also were asked by the Lord to move their family to unknown destination with the promise of God’s blessing. I can honestly say that I have never sought the Lord so intently over any decision I have made in my life and it still feels that there are no answers. There is actually an answer and it is a simple one—“Listen and wait!”

Proverbs 8:33-35
Listen to my instruction and be wise;
do not ignore it.

Blessed is the man who listens to me,
watching daily at my doors,
waiting at my doorway.

For whoever finds me finds life
and receives favor from the LORD.

No comments: