Friday, May 15, 2009

Day 16



This morning, Melissa and I awoke to the after-effects of a crazy Virginia storm. I got up, dressed and walked downstairs (where my closet is) to get my shoes. As I stepped onto the basement carpet with socks on my feet, I found that our bottom floor was soaked in at least two inches of water. Our basement and garage had flooded and what a mess! Now, to be honest, I was clueless on what to write about for Day 16 of Faith. All I could think of was what a pain in the backside this is going to be to get all this cleaned up. So I asked Melissa what she thought I should write on and she reminded of the story of Noah, or Evan Almighty (the Holllywood Noah!) who was asked to build an ark because the flood was coming. It seemed like a ridiculous request at that point, because who really hears from God to do something so crazy, right? Then as we related these stories to our own lives, we begin to believe that God is maybe up to His old way of doing things again. We both feel that our time in Virginia is coming to a close but we do not know where are going once we leave. However, we do know that we need to pack and we need to get ready. So, like Noah, we have been packing and looking to the horizon to see what the next step will be in this crazy journey we call life. Anyone feel any raindrops?

Lord,

Please help us trust you even though we do not know the next step. Scripture is full of stories of how you asked people to step out and make life-altering decisions before the path for that decision was clear. We commit to your love for us and we ask that you give us an extra dose of strength and faith to make it through this season.

Amen

No comments: