Monday, May 25, 2009

Day 6




As my day is coming to a close and I am wondering what to write about and what amazing insights I have received today-- I am at a loss of what to write. In all actuality it has not been a profound day of faith, but it has been a day full of enjoying the little things in life. We spent times with good friends, went to a mall and walked around and shopped a little, ate at Panda Express, bought my boys each a new shirt, and am now sitting on the couch eating ice cream with Melissa asleep on my lap. Maybe I am clueless to what tomorrow will hold, but today was full of enjoyment and fun. I thank the Lord for the little things. They make life worth living. Did I mention that my ice cream was very good?

If you are dealing with the heaviness of life and have not taken a break from thinking so deep and hard about what you can’t control— I challenge you to take a day and just enjoy the good things that are surrounding you everyday. Believe me when I say that I understand how important big decisions can be and the process of making those decisions needs to be taken seriously and with much prayer. However, if you don’t stop to enjoy the little things in life then you are waiting to live life. We do not know if we actually will have a tomorrow. Take the time to enjoy your today!

James 4:13-17 Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." As it is, you boast and brag. All such boasting is evil. Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.

No comments: