Saturday, May 16, 2009

Day 15


On this day, there has been no particular leading from the Lord in one way or the other. Today, I enjoyed my wife by taking her out on a date, enjoyed my children, and enjoyed the town the Lord placed me in by participating in a racquetball tournament. None of these things may seem like faith issues or spiritual insights that are worthy to put into writing, but I beg to differ. One of the things that I have learned about faith and living for God is that there are some days where His fingerprints seem to be on everything I come in contact with and then on other days the voice of God seems very quiet. However, those quiet days do not mean that it is time to get lost in the silence and make decisions based upon fear. Instead, it is time to stay focused and enjoy the blessings that are sitting in your everyday life.

Now I look at this and wonder what does this have to do with God speaking to us about our future? The conclusion to which I have arrived is that my future is going to be filled with many normal days of building a strong marriage, encouraging my children, and taking part in the lives of our community. I would go far as to say that if you want to test a man’s faith, then you would do well to watch and study him when God is at His quietest. It is those moments of solitude where true faith is not only built, but has an opportunity to shine.

Has God been quiet today? If He has, it does not mean that He has left you to your own demise. Perhaps it means He is taking a moment to examine what is going on inside of your heart. Will you let Him?

No comments: