Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving


It is Thanksgiving Day and my heart is full of wonderful feelings. I woke up this morning rolling over to a large smile and an “I love you” from my wife, to my youngest son, Noah, peering through our window, ready to pounce on us if we were awake, and to our oldest son, Adam, still sleeping, as he is a teenager and must get his beauty sleep. We traveled about 5 hours to be with good friends in Virginia Beach. The weather is a little cool sitting at about 50 degrees but the wind is still and the skies are clear. And now I am sitting down enjoying a freshly brewed cup of starbucks coffee… Does Thanksgiving really begin better than this?

For your encouragement, I hope to bring to your attention a scripture that is both exhorting and encouraging to my life.

Psalm 147:7-11

Sing to the Lord with thanksgiving;
Make music to our God on the harp.
He covers the sky with clouds;
He supplies the earth with rain
and makes the grass grow on the hills.
He provides food for the cattle
and for the young ravens when they call.
His pleasure is not in the strength of horses,
nor his delight in the legs of man;
the Lord delights in those who fear Him,
who put their hope in His unfailing love.


This scripture reminds me to give God thanks for all that He has done, is doing and will do. It reminds me that He has taken care of keeping all of the universe and nature in cadence and if I am wise I will submit and get in step my self. God does not care how strong you are or what you think you can accomplish. He just asks to have that relationship with us that He made such a grand sacrifice to make possible. He is asking me to sit at His feet and trust Him for everything. I think for the first time in many years I am beginning to understand how to do that.

May God bless you during this season of love and cheer! Never forget that God loves you and hopes to spend sometime encouraging you today! He is truly only a prayer away…

No comments: