Saturday, May 8, 2010

Reflection


I had the opportunity yesterday to hang out in downtown Reno, feeding the homeless, giving away waters, doing dramas, and praying for people, with a group of students from a local Christian school here in Reno. I was so proud of them. They each stepped in there and let the Lord use them.

One of the main conversations that we kept having is how this type of outreach is more of a lifestyle of kindness and availability than something that must be planned as an outing. By the end of the day, it seemed that many of the youth truly understood and were ready to see how God might use them on a regular basis.

As I was teaching and sharing about being an ambassador for Christ, the Lord reminded me that I needed to make sure that these are not just words to share but a life to live. Am I being a good reflection for others as I stand for my God?

Here are a few qualities of an ambassador…
#1 Ambassadors treat others the way the person they are representing would

#2 Ambassadors make decisions that honor the person they are representing

#3 Ambassadors understand that each thing that is said affects more people than just the people in their life- they affect anyone that is somehow tide to the person that is being represented.

#4 Ambassadors take great honor in the role they have been given

I pray that as we walk forward and live for the Lord that the world that is looking for a Savior can look to our lives and see a true understanding of how much their Creator loves them.

2 Corinthians 5:20 We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us.

No comments: