Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Any Where... Any Pulpit!



This weekend the opportunity presented itself to go to Las Vegas and teach at a friend’s church. I was very excited to see him and his family and to share a message about the seeds that we sow in our lives to his congregation. I did two services for their church. The first service would be what he called “Street church” and the second was a more traditional church in side of a building. I had no idea what to expect for the street church but my son and I got in our car and drove down to Home Depot to wait and see what we would be doing for that day. Pastor Alex and some of the members of his congregation went around and invited people to come and hear God’s word and eat with us. As the people gathered I was looking for a place to put my notes and bible so I could teach. One of the congregation members said he would be right back with my pulpit. This is when he came running up with a shopping cart and turned it up on its side and created a pulpit for me. We had a wonderful service and I had the opportunity to pray for many people to allow the Lord to soften their hearts and make their hearts fertile for God to grow good things.

As my son and I were leaving we both felt very satisfied and joyful that we were able to take part in this service. This time of teaching reminded me of the scriptures that I read about Jesus and how would walk somewhere and teach along the way. Wherever He found Himself, He pointed people to His Heavenly Father. The evening service was also a neat time of seeing the Lord move, however, the people that we spent time with in the morning keeps coming to the surface of my heart.

Here are a few things that the Lord is showing me through this experience.

1. Do not wait to make a difference. You do not need a building or the ability to pay for electricity to share the truth of Jesus’ word. Simply be available to share those truths that the Lord has shown you.

2. It is important to meet people where they are. If people have to come to church they may never hear about the amazing gift that Jesus has given.

3. The best pulpit just may be a shopping cart. I have spoken for many different styles and sizes of pulpits over the years. I have to say that the Lord did something very special in my heart that morning that we took a shopping cart, God’s word, and shared the truth.

Question for the day
What pulpit has God put in your life that He is asking you to use to share His truth?

Acts 20:24
However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.

No comments: