Tuesday, December 1, 2009

New Mercies I See


I awoke at 5:00 AM this morning. Usually, when I wake up early it is due to bad dreams, hard thoughts, or me being worried about someone. This morning, as I sit here, I do not feel any of those negative fears or tumultuousness. There is a peace in my life right now. A peace that has nothing to do with circumstances and yet everything to do with circumstances. Let me explain. My wife and I have been on an amazing journey this last two years. Throughout this journey excesses in our lives have been stripped of us. This has not been an easy road to travel, however, the Lord has walked every step with us. We are now in the part of the journey where we begin to rebuild. As I look at relationships, finances, living quarters, forms of transportation, a place to serve the Lord and teach others about Christ, and a church family for my kids and marriage to grow with, it seems the Lord has put everything we need in place. There are many days that we are tempted to look back into the past and allow what I call spiritual vertigo to set in. (When the whole world starts spinning and you feel like getting into the fetal position.) Yet, those days seem to be farther and farther away and what is in place today is beginning to speak louder than the difficult steps of the past.

As we begin to rebuild our lives the most important thing that I have learned is to simply surrender to the Lord and allow Him to piece it together in His time. You see-- it is not my job to build anything or to hold it together. That job description belongs to the Lord and He knows exactly what He is doing. So, on this fine morning I sit and watch my darling wife sleep, I ponder on my meetings of the day and wonder who I might meet or encourage, and I smile knowing that I am not in control.

Lamentations 3:22-26
22 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
23 they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
24 “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“therefore I will hope in him.”

25 The Lord is good to those who wait for him,
to the soul who seeks him.
26 It is good that one should wait quietly
for the salvation of the Lord.

Dear Lord,

I thank you for touching my heart and teaching me to trust you. Thank you for each blessing in my life. Please use me today and allow what you have done and who you are in my life shine through me. Thank you that your mercies are new every morning.

Your son,

Kristopher

3 comments:

Wendie said...

Hello My Sweet Pastor Kristopher,
Your insight bellows trumpets of wisdom, your words and thoughts....beautiful! How I miss your teachings and directives. We miss you and appreciate you! Please know you are thought of and loved very much here in Las Vegas!!
Wendie Castillo
wendiec@clear.net

Jessie said...

that's my most favorite Bible verse of all time. :) :)

Pastor Kristopher said...

Thank you for your kind words. We do miss you and Mike and hope that all is well with you. Please tell your mother hello for me as well.

Kristopher