Friday, September 4, 2009

Stop Trusting in man




“Stop trusting in man, who has but a breath in his nostrils. Of what account is he?” Isaiah 2:22

This is the message that the Lord is screaming at me today. I say screaming because I think it is the only way He has found to get through my thick skull. This week’s devotional has nothing to do with anyone, but me and my walk with the Lord. I blame no one for the way I act or for the attitudes that are created inside of my heart. They are all just a rotten overflow of a heart that must learn how to yield and trust His creator. I know that I need to quit looking around and comparing my life to others. I know that God has placed so many blessings in my lap and that I should be thankful and show gratitude and joy for His continued healing and support for the battles this life has brought, but instead I get angry and want to shutdown. I feel like the Lord is telling me to grow up. Remember when you were a child and when things did not go correctly in your world and the other children were being nasty. It was then as a child we would just simply run and tell on them. I currently live with my sister and her family, which we are so grateful for. In this home, including my two boys, there are 7 children-- 5 of them being under the age of 11 years old. Let’s just say that there is a lot of tattling going on. I find myself saying on a regular basis. “Go away and worry about yourself. If you keep spending all of your time worried about them your life is going to be very sad.” What a great quote to live by! Quit worrying about other people and what they have and what they do or don’t do. Most of what you think you see is a façade and should not be trusted anyway. Worry about what is front of you and live for the Lord. Last night, I found myself wanting to shutdown and run to God to tell on everybody for the things that I think are not happening or at least when I want them to happen. I believe that He tried to talk to me last night, but I was not in the mood and so I went to bed with all of these swirling emotions- hoping that when I awoke that the Lord would be paying attention this time. Well, I was right. He was paying attention and He told me pretty clear. .

“Worry about yourself! If you keep spending all of your time worried about them your life is going to be very sad. Stop putting your trust in man and put it in me.”

Dear Lord,
Today, right here, and right now, I repent. Please Lord, forgive me, help
me keep my eyes focused on you and be grateful for who you are in my life. Help me see those people and situations that you want me to step into and be an example for you. I know that when I am looking at everyone else and allowing attitudes to form that I become blind to the real purpose that you have placed me where I am. I love you and apologize for acting so childish at times. Please help my faith and trust grow.
Love your broken child

No comments: