Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Remember that God Loves You Anyway



“All of those reasons that pop into your head of why God could not possibly love you are valid. We do not deserve the love that He is offering. However, He is still offering it! He loves you anyway. He is looking beyond what you look like right now. He doesn’t just see you as something broken, tarnished, and falling apart. He sees what you will look like once he is able to piece you back together and fill you with His love and purpose.” (Step by Step, June 19, 2009)

When all else fails and the question that is stuck in your head is, “How can anyone love me?”, be reminded that God does. He doesn’t love you because you are perfect, or said the right thing, or did the right thing, or finished that project, or got an A+, or have somehow conquered your most recent vice. He loves you simply because you are His. He chose you and gave His life to assure that nothing could steal you away. The only way that He will lose that which He has purchased at such a great cost is due to the freedom that has been granted to that which has been purchased. You have the freedom to walk away. For me personally, I think this is the worst part of the deal-- and yet, the most important. At times I wish the Lord would allow me to sign my life over to give up my will and my freedom of choice. Then I could serve Him and not get lost in temptations, fear and selfishness.

This is also important to remember as you walk through this life
There are people out there that will let you down and hurt you. At times the wounds that are created can be so painful that even breathing is difficult. However, just like God loves you in spite of yourself, He also loves that person that has done a terrible thing in hurting you. To be completely honest, I am very excited to know that God loves me no matter what I do, but I do not always like that God loves others in the same way. I am embarrassed to share this hidden and selfish part of me. There are times that I would like to see the Lord bring retribution on those who have let me down or wounded me. These thoughts immediately cause me to realize that there is so much more that God has to do in my life. I need to get out of the way of myself and my own wounds and pray that the Lord will show His love and forgiveness to each of His children- even the ones that have not always acted like I think they should.

I am so grateful that the Lord loves me in my broken state and it should bring a smile to your face that He loves you just the same. Run to the Lord and allow Him to guide, shape and transform your life. He has a great plan for you.


These lyrics are a wonderful reminder that God’s love is not based up on what we have done but what he has done. Thank God for what He has done!


What If --Jadon Lavik
What if I climbed that mountain, what if I swam to that shore
What if every battle was victorious then would you love me more
Would you love me more
What if I were everyone’s first choice, what if I went farther than before
What if I stood high above the rest than would you love me more
Would you love me more

You say I belong to you apart from the things I do
You say I belong to you I’m in awe of why you do
Why you do, why you do, I’m in awe of you, ooh

What if I ignored the hand that fed me, what if I forgot to confess
What if I stumbled down that mountain then would you love me less
Lord would you love me less

What if I were everyones last choice what if I mixed in with the rest
What if I failed what I passed before then would you love me less

Lord would you would you love me less, oh no oh no oh no

You say I belong to you apart from the things I do
You say I belong to you I’m in awe of why you do
You do you do you do

What have I done to deserve your son sent to die for me
What can I give I want to live give me eyes to see
In a world that keeps changin’ there’s one thing that I know is true
Your love is stayin’ there’s nothing else I’ll hold onto

You say I belong to you apart from the things I do
You say I belong to you I’m in awe of why you do
Why you do

You say I belong to you apart from the things I do
You say I belong to you I’m in awe of why you do
I’m in awe of you I’m in awe of you

The way you love me, the way you do
The way you do , the way you love me, you love me , you love me
The way you do the way you do the way you love me,
the way you love you love you love



No comments: